About Me

Monday, November 8, 2010

Tech Problems

I did have an awesome blog saved on my computer but unfortunately a virus has taken over all things technology in my live right now. My usb stick must have got infected with the virus at the internet cafe and since then everything external that I've plugged into my computer has also got the virus. I had to leave my computer with our tech guy in Accra...between the 5 of us we've certainly given him a lot of business over the course of 6 weeks! We had 2 cameras that needed to be fixed and my computer.

The blog I did have planned was about the wedding we attended not last weekend but the weekend before. While working with the Rotaract Club we met an amazing girl, her name is Mensima and she invited us to her friends wedding the weekend before the event! In Canada this would be a BIG no no of course but here it's just expected that guests will invite their friends and family. Mensima was the Maid of Honour so we didn't get to spend much time with her but we did however get to spend the afternoon with our wonderful tailor, Sammy (whom Mensima had introduced us to!). Here our our wonderful outfits


It's not often you get to pose with your tailor!
I took so many other great pictures that day but unfortunately I can't access them right. Hopefully I will have my computer and picture back next week and I will be able to upload some more photos.

On another note, we have successfully made it to Koforidua and we are looking forward to starting our work here. We will be working with youth mentors from the YMCA, it should be a nice change to work with people our own age. On an even better note, we have a cooking lady here and the food she has been making us over the past few days has just been absolutely amazing! We're definitely over eating but it's sooooo good! Yesterday she made us Red Red which is friend plantains with beans and fish (or chicken) then today she made us some amazing groundnut soup with rice balls. We've tried both of these dishes on various occasions at restaurants in Takoradi but there's something about a home made dish that makes it just that much more delicious!

Well, stay tuned for more pictures and updates from Koforidua!

xox

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures Lisa. Keep the blogs coming. Hopefully you get your computer fixed soon so we can see all your pictures. We will call you on Sunday.

    Love you lots...xoxoxo♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls look so lovely in your outfits! Glad to see you are doing well. We miss you!

    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking awesome...keep up the great work!! xo

    ReplyDelete