About Me

Monday, October 25, 2010

Wrapping up in Tadi

I'm sad to say that this is our last week in Takoradi, we will be leaving next Thursday to head to Koforidua. I really love it here and it's unfortunate that time has absolutely flown by. We just got ourselves into a good routine with workshops and eating! Even though we are still struggling to find time to eat 3 meals a day...usually it turns out to be 2 means a day with snacks for lunch. Workshops are going well, we will be wrapping up the MDGs with the YMCA students and heading back to OIC on Thursday and Friday to finish with the students and teachers.

This weekend was very relaxed, we just stayed in Takoradi, went dancing again on Friday, lounged pool side on Saturday and caught up on some work Sunday afternoon. Yesterday morning we finally made it to Church! We were invited to attend with Augustine and his family (Augustine is affiliated with the YMCA here in Takoradi) and it was really interesting, lots of singing and dancing! And all visitors have to introduce themselves so we had to stand up in front of everyone and state our names, where we are visiting from and what we are doing in Ghana. After 4 weeks of saying the same thing, it gets easier to stand up in front of everyone and definitely feel that my presentation skills are improving because of this!

Here are few pictures to add to my update, the first one is Devon, Kelly and I with some of the second year students at the YMCA and the second picture is of me and Emmanuel aka Box Baby! This baby is one of the lady's at the OIC school and she brings him everyday so we see him in his box every Thursday and Friday! The picture doesn't so him justice because he is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Many of you know that I don't get all giddy with babies but this little guy just brings it out in me! (not that I want one of my own...MOM!!)

Hopefully I'll get one more blog in before we head to Koforidua but if not, I will update you all soon!

Miss everyone, but love it here!
xox

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lou:

    You will change your mind one of these days. Love the posts, keep them coming. Good hearing your voice yesterday and we miss you.

    Love you lots Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete